I can't help it I love that song, for one thing at least in my case there is more than a little truth to it. No matter what is going on with me I somehow always feel both really busy and like I'm not getting anything important done.
Take my blog for example, you don't want to know how many posts I have written in my head but then I never have the time to actually get them down.
The upside dear reader (I have exactly one follower) lol, is that today is the first of what I hope will be mainly positive posts from here out.
First I thought it might good to explain the goal of my blog, I figure that will help anyone coming in at this early stage decide if they will be interested or not. Mainly I want to use this as a journal and practice for my writing skills. They used to be good but are more than rusty now. I also figure a good chunk of the posts will be about craft related things.
My BA was in Fine Arts and I am now at this point in my life trying to get my art to support me. It is time for me to move to working for myself and my customers and not other people. That being said I still have to eat and have a family so until my career really takes off I am very happy to say I have gotten a job at a scrap booking supply place. Great job and awesome location for me and with some elbow grease this should help my husband and I get to our debt free goal that much faster (we do not for anyone who cares count the mortgage in that).
Health of the family seems to be improving finally and spirits are returning to their positive positions. What a difference in the time since I last posted. Things had actually gotten even worse after I posted but sunshine is finally returning. PHEW!!
So lately my projects have been mainly of the kit variety. For Christmas my very cool in-laws gave me a nice gift card to amazon SHWEET! I have a fondness for kits, I love all kinds of crafts but so many require tools and materials that would break the bank but a kit has everything ready to go for a typically reasonable investment. Also I like following directions, designing rocks in it's own ways but sometimes it is nice to be able to follow a set path so you can just totally focus on enjoying the materials and process. This was a very wordy way of saying I got some craft kits for myself.
I got two different make your own doll kits, a fairy and a mermaid. I have to say that the dolls are very cute BUT, these were made with kids in mind and I struggled with them plus the dolls are VERY fragile so you couldn't play with them. I kinda think a kid would have been very frustrated/disappointed personally. I will have pictures of my two new cuties posted soon.
I also got a kit to make a wallet out of duct(duck) tape. I'm in love!! The fabric this made is so nice feeling and it really looks awesome IMHO. I got a pink one because girly colored manly tape cracked me up. It was the highlight so of the kits so far.
I just got the last of the four kits though, I got the Klutz Flower Fairy kit/book. CUUUUTE!! I so cannot wait to make these little sweeties. Ironically I've never been huge into fairies but I recently found Twig The Fairy (check her out online she ROCKS) and she kinda got me going in the direction. My real love is dragons so I'm hoping the new skills I have from my kits will translate into some cool dragon sculptures.
I'm hoping to sell some of my creations online along with my regular craft products which are knit and crocheted items plus some metal jewelry/chain maille.
For anyone who wants to come check it out and support a gal trying to live her dream ;) come to my Etsy store! www.etsy.com
Well I will leave you for now. I hope to have fairly regular posts, I may even set a schedule I'll post later. I'll also be adding some fun extra features to the blog as I go so stay tuned! :)
Thanks for the mention! So glad you like me =)
ReplyDeleteHave you gotten your fairy name?
Twig =)
http://www.facebook.com/twigthefairy